5 WAYS TO THINK LIKE A CHAMPION
I meet and learn from Champions every
day. Not just in locker rooms but in classrooms, hospitals, homeless
shelters, homes and office buildings. I've learned that to be a champion
you must Think Like a Champion. Champions think differently
than everyone else. They approach their life and work with a different
mindset and belief system that separates them from the pack.
1. Champions Expect to Win - When they walk on the court, on the field, into a meeting or in a
classroom they expect to win. In fact they are surprised when they don't
win. They expect success and their positive beliefs often lead to
positive actions and outcomes. They win in their mind first and then
they win in the hearts and minds of their customers, students or fans.
2. Champions Celebrate the Small Wins - By celebrating the small wins champions gain the confidence to go
after the big wins. Big wins and big success happen through the
accumulation of many small victories. This doesn't mean champions become
complacent. Rather, with the right kind of celebration and
reinforcement, champions work harder, practice more and believe they can
do greater things.
3. Champions Don't Make Excuses When They Don't Win - They don't focus on the faults of others. They focus on what they can
do better. They see their mistakes and defeats as opportunities for
growth. As a result they become stronger, wiser and better.
4. Champions Focus on What They Get To Do, Not What They Have To Do - They see their life and work as a gift not an obligation. They know
that if they want to achieve a certain outcome they must commit to and
appreciate the process. They may not love every minute of their journey
but their attitude and will helps them develop their skill.
5. Champions Believe They Will Experience More Wins in the Future - Their faith is greater than their fear. Their positive energy is
greater than the chorus of negativity. Their certainty is greater than
all the doubt. Their passion and purpose are greater than their
challenges. In spite of their situation champions believe their best
days are ahead of them, not behind them.
If you don't think you have what it
takes to be a champion, think again. Champions aren't born. They are
shaped and molded. And as iron sharpens iron you can develop your
mindset and the mindset of your team with the right thinking, beliefs
and expectations that lead to powerful actions.