7 DAY NO COMPLAINING CHALLENGE
Instead of complaining about what you don't have, appreciate what you do have. Instead of complaining about other people, think about something good about them. Instead of complaining about problems, look for solutions. Focus on the positive and help overcome negativity.
Join me and thousands of others for a 7 Day No Complaining Challenge! Go a week without complaining and see how it changes your life and team.
Share this with friends / co-workers to invite them to take the challenge with you.
No Complaining bracelets available at www.jongordon.com/bracelet
To help, here are...
5 THINGS TO DO INSTEAD OF COMPLAIN
One of the biggest threats to building a great team and organization is complaining. When we complain we focus on everything else but being our best. Complaining actually costs the economy billions of dollars in lost productivity and it will sabotage the morale, engagement and culture of your team if you let it.
Believe me; I know a lot about complaining. I use to be a professional complainer and found that it not only sabotages your own happiness and success but the success of your team and family. I realized we complain for two main reasons. 1. We feel powerless. 2. It’s a habit. I decided to break the habit and when I stopped complaining I started to create the life that I wanted. Let’s face it, if you are complaining, you’re not leading.
To help you break out of a "complaining" rut here are five things you can do instead of complain. These tips will help you realize you are not powerless. You have the power to choose your beliefs and actions. And in your focus on the positive instead of the negative you'll find the faith, strength and confidence to take on life’s challenges and identify the solutions to your complaints.
1. Practice Gratitude. Research shows that when we count three blessings a day, we get a measurable boost in happiness that uplifts and energizes us. It's also physiologically impossible to be stressed and thankful at the same time. Two thoughts cannot occupy our mind at the same time. If you are focusing on gratitude, you can't be negative. You can also energize and engage your coworkers by letting them know you are grateful for them and their work.
2. Praise Others. Instead of complaining about what others are doing wrong, start focusing on what they are doing right. Praise them and watch as they create more success as a result. Of course, point out their mistakes so they can learn and grow, but make sure you give three times as much praise as criticism.
3. Focus on Success. Start a success journal. Each night before you go to bed, write down the one great thing about your day. The one great conversation, accomplishment, or win that you are most proud of. Focus on your success, and you'll look forward to creating more success tomorrow.
4. Let Go. Focus on the things that you have the power to change, and let go of the things that are beyond your control. You’ll be amazed that when you stop trying to control everything, it all somehow works out. Surrender is the answer.
5. Pray. Scientific research shows that daily prayer reduces stress; boosts positive energy; and promotes health, vitality, and longevity. When you are faced with the urge to complain or you are feeling stressed to the max, stop, be still, plug-in to the ultimate power, and recharge.